Tuesday 23 October 2012

Visit to Sutton in Ashfield 22nd October 2012

Nearing the end of my club visits now, with a trip to St Joseph's Social Club at Sutton in Ashfield for the early evening meeting of the Rotary Club of Sutton in Ashfield.   Rtn Nick Blurton had volunteered as my driver for the evening and also took some photos for me - so thanks to Nick.

We were initially cordially greeted by Past District Governor John Kirkland and then by President Elect John Bates and President Danny Patterson, both of whom were excellent hosts.   It doesn't seem five minutes since I sat with John and Danny at their Charter Night.

With almost 40 members present there was a good atmosphere in the room for the meal and business.    I was then invited to speak, and talked about the Rotary theme for 2012 - 2013, "Peace Through Service."     I presented President Danny with an origami crane, a symbol of "hope for Peace" and a letter from the RI president Sakuji Tanaka.

Chatter on the top table

President Danny examining his origami crane.
My thanks to Danny and all at Sutton for their friendship and hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment