Tuesday 4 December 2012

Last Official Club Visit - Retford 3rd December

Well,  that's the last of my official club vsists done and dusted.   Last night (3rd December) I went to Ye Olde Bell at Barnby Moor to a meeting of the Rotary Club of Retford.   The Rotary Club of Worksop Dakeries, with their President Sue Sullivan were also present in numbers.    Also present for the meeting was David Tiptaft, the President of the Rotary Club of Mexborough.

President Paul Withers preseidesd over the meeting.   The meal was excellent and seemed to be enjoyed by all.    Prior to my talk to the club the respective committee chairmen and chairwomen gave a resume of the activities of their committee so far this year.   Whilst this is a club of almost 60 Rotarians, it was still impressive to hear of the scale of the activities that they have undertaken and are planning for the future.

I gave my club talk, based as always on the theme, "Peace through Service" and presented the two club Presidents each with an origami crane, a letter from Sakuji Tanaka and a theme badge.

Rotarian David Partridge of the Rotary Club of Belper and Duffield drove me to the club and my thanks to him for that. 

I would also like to record my general thanks to The Rotary Club of Belper and Duffield for all the driving they have done on my behalf since July, their outstanding attendance at District Assembly and at Conference.   I would like them all to have a relaxing Christmas (apart rom Santa Sleigh duties of course), refesh their batteries and get ready for the Charter Season to kick in early next year.

President Sue with DG Dave

President Paul with DG Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment