Tuesday 21 May 2013

A visit to my own club 20th May

Monday 20th May saw me and Gail both able to attend a meeting of our own club, Belper and Duffield.   In the absence of the President and the President Elect, the Immediate Past President, martin Drake chaired the evening. 

The atmosphere in the room was its usual jovial self, with lots of friendly banter.   It was our normal meeting and Noel Harrison, the District Membership officer was the speaker for the evening.   His talk reminded us that we do need to keep regenerating ourselves as a club if Rotary is to survive and flourish.    He explained to the club the various options now available to us to enhance our membership and grow the club.

Although I was well aware of all that Noel had to say, I found his talk interesting and a useful new members to be regularly introduced to the club.   As the Membership officer for 2013/14 I hope to make best use of the information Noel put before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment