Sunday 17 February 2013

Time to wind Down? 17th February

A fairly early start today at the Derbyshire Hotel at the junction of the M1 and A38 at South Normanton - the real centre of the District but in Erewash Group.

The occasion was the Presidents Elect Preparation Seminar, when incoming Presidents have the opportunity to get together to discuss their progress, to hear the incoming District Governor and to also hear presentation from some District Officers.

After bacon butties & coffee and an initial introduction by the Chairman of the District Training Team (during which I received a (somewhat less than rapturous) rendition of "Happy Birthday",  I welcomed the delegates to the Seminar and wished them all well for the year ahead.

In some ways this seems to be "the start of the end" for me in my year as the District Governor, but deep down  I am sure that there is still plenty of work for me to do and there are certainly still plenty of charters to attend.  The good thing was that I managed to hand out the 17,000 Rotary newspapers that had been delivered to my house a couple of weeks ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment