Thursday 6 June 2013

Speaker Evening at Dronfield 28th May

With the number of my official engagements reducing quite a lot nor I took the opportunity to attend a Speaker Evening at The Rotary Club of Dronfield, at the invitation of their President Michael Whetton.  There were almost forty people present and the speaker was a gentleman called Doug Bradbury.

Doug is a Farrier by trade and lives in Clay Cross.  He is a highly skilled Farrier and has become a Fellow of the Worshipful Company of Master Farriers.  He has also been granted the Freedom of the City of London.   He started his enlightening talk with an explanation of a display of many different horse shoes and other tools of the trade so to speak.

He then went on to talk about some of his exploits over the last forty - fifty years whilst in the trade.   At the conclusion of his talk he answered many questions from the floor.  He had really caught the imagination of those present.   I found his talk extremely information and really entertaining.    This gentleman is well worth inviting to your club.   He owns a private museum in Clay Cross that I fully intend to visit in the next few months.

I am really pleased I attended and my thanks to President Michael and the Rotary Club of Dronfield for inviting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment