Tuesday 14 August 2012

Social Media Training. Visit to Melbourne. 14th August

Training team meeting - hard at work
Today started with a meeting of the District Training Team (John Barker, Noel Harrison, David Pedlar, Steve Lawes, Peter Moralee and myself) at the John Godber Centre at Hucknall. The President of Hucknall Club, Rtn Ian Young joined us for today's meeting to try and impart his knowledge of Social Media to us. The session went very well and by lunch time we all had a much clearer understanding of what exactly is meant by the term, what we in Rotary want to get out of it and how we intend to do so.
Ian has now gone away with the task of moving this project forward to the next stage by producing some simple documentation that can be used by Clubs to introduce themselves to the concept of Social Media.
My plan for the afternoon was to spend some time familiarising myself with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, but in the event I ended up going to the Spanker pub at Heage for lunch and then to the Crich Tramway Museum with two of our grandchildren, Xanthe and Sebastian.
Arrived home just in time to shower and change ready for a trip to “Jacks” at Melbourne for the meeting of the Rotary Club of Melbourne. When I arrived I thought I must be late as all the members were sat round the table, deep in debate. It transpired that it was just the end of their Club Council meeting.
I was warmly greeted by President Phillip Rosser and the rest of the members. It was nice to see Kate Dumelow and Terry Clay who I knew well from District activities. After a very tasty meal I addressed the Club and gave the greetings of RI President Sakuji Tanaka to the Club. The meeting ended just a few minutes after 9pm.
Presient Phillip receiving letter and origami crane

No comments:

Post a Comment