Thursday 2 August 2012

Carlton 2nd August

Well here we are into the second month of my term as District Governor and along with it a small but significant milestone is reached.    I have now completed half of my official club visits, 29 done 29 to go.

This evening The Rotary Club of Carlton was my destination.   In company with IPP Martin Drake from my own club, we set off for Carlton a little earlier than perhaps we needed to - I think we hadn't factored into the equation that the schools were closed and so lots of people were on holiday and therefore the roads were quiet - very quiet.

Arriving at Carlton, although we were early it noticeable that we were not the first to arrive by any means.   They clearly enjoy their Rotary at Carlton and are anxious to get there.     The buzz around the room was great and the company of President David Falkner and President Elect Ian Scott was great.    After a well prepared and tasty three course meal the President dealt with the business of the day, before introducing me as the speaker.   During the business Martin brought greetings from President Graham and the Rotary Club of Belper and Duffield.

I delivered my talk on "Peace through Service" and also talked about a number of other important Rotary issues.  After a couple of questions President Elect Ian gave the vote of thanks.

I would like to record my personal thanks to Martin Drake for taking on the role of driver for the night, to President David and to all members of the club for their generous hospitality and the warmth of their welcome.
Pres. Elect Ian, DG Dave, Pres. David, Pres. Elect Michael

Rotary Club of Carlton at The Vale Social Club

No comments:

Post a Comment