Monday 15 October 2012

No Rotary - Wednesday, 10th October.

Well, apart from answering the normal amount of emails I had no Rotary duties or commitments today.  In stead I spent the day trying to catch up with business matters having had six days at Southport with Conference recently.

Just one small deviation from this was at lunch time when Gail and I went to St. John's School in Belper, for "Grandparents Day".  Two of our grandchildren attend this school and this was the day when Francesca's class invited in all their grandparents to joint them for a couple of hours doing whatever activities they wanted to do.  

We ended up digging the school, laying compost in containers and planting bulbs for the spring - I was really pleased I went dressed up for the occasion - carrying dirty bags of compost went down really well with my best jacket !!  The children really enjoyed planting the bulbs that (hopefully) will flower in the spring.

It was very nice to be able to mix with the children in the school and do something to improve their environment.

Spent the rest of the day on pretty routine work related jobs and managed fairly early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment