Sunday 29 July 2012

Car & Bike Show, Ashover 29th July

Well, after a couple of "Rotary free" days it was back to work today.   In the morning I drove over to Ashover and had a look round the Car and Bike Show, organised jointly between the Rotary Clubs of Matlock, Chesterfield, Chesterfield Scarsdale and Clay Cross.

Judging by the queue of cars trying to get into the site at 11.30am when I arrived I think the day could be considered as huge success.   There seemed to be hundreds of cars and motor cycles being exhibited and hundreds more in the visitors car park.  ( I tried to find a 1960 - 62 Ford Capri - a model I owned in my younger years but the closest I could find was a couple of Ford Classics)  The sun shone all the time I was there so all in all it seemed like a good day.

I managed to chat to quite a number of Rotarians as they were busily engaged in directing traffic around the site.  I have no idea of the financial result of the event, but in terms of Rotary awareness it was difficult not to be impressed - and with the Inner Wheel out in force as well.    I also saw Scouts helping out - so thanks to them.

I am not going to mention any particular Rotarians as it would be totally unfair.  Everyone was doing a great job.  Just to say, "What a great event - I look forward to next year's".

Three oldies together

After leaving the Car and Bike Show I made my way back to Belper, where I undertook stewarding duties on behalf of my own Club (Belper and Duffield) at a band concert in The River Gardens - These gardens must be Belper's best kept secret - a beautiful spot next to the river and entertainment laid on - what more could you ask.

Monday sees me back on to the round of Club visits with a trip to Burton upon Trent and then to Keyworth and Ruddington

No comments:

Post a Comment