Friday 20 July 2012

RC of Chesterfield 20th July

With Rtn John Frankland driving we set off for Chesterfield in light rain, which became torrential en route.   We were greeted by President Jim Haggarty at The Rotary Club of Chesterfeild.    Present at the meeting were members of several local Probus clubs and also Rtn Frank Clifford of the Bolsover club.

After the meal I gave my talk.    This was the first time I had received a hearty cheer from the members before I had started -  when I said my talk would not be about membership retention and recruitment.

Greeting from President Jim


My old boss from the police - John Moss in pensive mood
The meeting finished promptly at 2pm.  My thanks to all at Chesterfield for their warm welcome and to John Frankland for driving me again.

In the evening Gail and I hosted the Assistant Governors for a light meal and a meeting.  We had some very productive discussions about their role in the District and how we can move things forward.     As we ran out of time, we planned to meet again in three weeks to continue these discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment