Thursday 9 August 2012

Visit to Southwell 9th JUly

This morning I attended a get together to look at the way forward in respect of Future Vision.   The meeting was chaired by Mick White, with Terry and Val Leivers, Steve Lawes, Peter Moralee and myself present.     It provided a useful update on what is happening and a timescale for addressing the various issues that we need to agree upon prior to the start of the next Rotary year.

An afternoon of Rotary paperwork followed and then at 5.45pm I was picked up by Nick Blurton of the Rotary Club of Belper and Duffield who kindly took me to The Saracen's Head Hotel at Southwell for the meeting of the  Rotary Club of Southwell.  After a quite delicious meal I addressed the club on the subject of "Peace through Service".  The talk seemed to go down well and was followed by some interesting questions from the members about my route to becoming the District Governor and several other issues.

President Peter Littlewood was a charming host and the welcome that Nick and I received was second to none.    My thanks to all concerned.

President Peter and DG Dave chatting

An informal chat to a group of Rotarians after the meeting

Presentation of the origami crane and letter from RI President Sakuji.

No comments:

Post a Comment