Wednesday 14 November 2012

Rare Visit by DG to Belper & Duffield

Monday 12th November was the date of the 82nd Charter Anniversary Celebration of the Rotary Club of Blper and Duffield - my very own club .   It resulted in me making a rare appearance at the club, my responsibilities as the District Governor having kept me consistently away since the start of the year.

Just by way of a change I was was not driven to this charter dinner, in fact the roles were reversed and I acted as the chaffeur for Gail, the Club President Graham Wright and his wife Liz.

The Charter was held at The Derby Conference Centre, London Road, Derby and started at 7.30pm.    With just over 100 people present the room was comfortable and we all enjoyed a meal of caramelised onion and goats cheese tartlet,  braised steak and then a delicious dark chocolate and cointreau Truffle.

President Elect Hilary Surga proposed the toast to Rotary International, using her "Rotary Moment" as the basis for the thoughful toast.  I responded to this and proposed the toast the the Club, using the opportunity to publicly thank all the members for the assistance they have so readily given whilst I have been the DG.

President Graham proposed the toast to the visitors and guests, to which Rtn Marie Adams, President of the Rotary Club of Ripley responded.

Following the formalities at just before 10pm we had an hour or so enetertainment from a couple of talented musicians, Alan Morley and Hugh Stewart.

President Graham presented bouquets to my wife, Gail and to his wife, Liz, thanking them for their respective support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment