Tuesday 6 November 2012

Rotary Club of Bretby

The morning of 5th November found me attending A Service of Thanksgiving for the life of Rotarian Geoff Lambert of the Rotary Club of Derby Mercia.   Geoff passed away on 16th October.     The service took place at St. Alkmund's Church, Duffield to a packed church.   In his tribute to Geoff Mr Michael Pinder made reference to Geoff's service to Rotary.

Our thought are with his family at this sad time.

This evening saw me visiting the Rotary Club of Bretby for my official visit.  President Norman Carpenter was an excellent host and I and my driver Rtn Peter Shepherd were made very welcome by the whole club.    I talked to the club about the theme for this year, Peace Through Service and presented Pres. Norman with an origami crane and a letter from the RI President Sakuji Tanaka, which Secretary John Carr read out to the members.

It was great to meet and chat with Peter Easy, the club's latest recruit, who joined only about three weeks ago.

The club certainly know how to fill an evening's meeting.  As well as my talk they managed to pull in a very nice two course meal with time for fellowship, the normal business of the night, a Special AGM to elect new members etc and the to top it off had their various committee meetings as well.   Congratulations to Pres. Norman for managing the meeting so well and for the members for getting on with the job.

President Norman with his team


A committee hard at work
My thanks to all at the club and to Peter Shepherd for acting as my driver for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment