Tuesday 21 May 2013

Early morning visit to Sherwood Sunrisers 21st may 2013.

I wanted to make a further visit to Sherwood Sunrisers Club before the end of my term as the District Governor, particularly to say a public thank you to their President, Kevin Brown.    Kevin managed to walk all the four days of the Hospice to Hospice Walk, 70 miles in total, despite having an injury to his knee, from which he is still suffering.  The fact that I had a business appointment in Nottingham at 9am made this the ideal day.

I arrived at the venue just in time for the 7am start and was immediately shown where the coffee pot was.   Just what the doctor ordered.     It was great to meet up with some old friends (old in the sense that I have known them a long time!) again and see what the club was up to.   Judging by the amount of activities discussed in the next hour and a half it seems they are a very busy club.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will do my best to keep in touch when my year as DG ends in 40 days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment