Tuesday 4 September 2012

Rotary Club of Kirkby in Ashfield 4th September

This evening I attended the Rotary Club of Kirkby in Ashfield. They met this evening at The Coxmoor Golf Club at Kirkby.   David Harris very kindly acted as my driver this evening, so many thanks to him for that.  Their normal venue, not being available to them tonight.

We were met at the club by President Frances Stein, who was extremely courteous and hospitable to us.  With 18 members present we sat down for a choice of meals. The fish and chips that I had were absolutely excellent.

I spoke to the club about the theme for 2012/13, "Peace through Service" and presented President Frances with an origami crane and a letter from RI President, Sakuji Tanaka.

The atmosphere in this club was great, just what a Rotary Club should be.  I would like to thanks all their members for making David and myself so welcome.

President Frances with DG Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment