Thursday 5 July 2012

Bingham and Vale of Belvoir - 5th July

The Horse and Plough Inn was my first destination today for the meeting of the Rotary Club of Bingham.  I joined them for the 12.30pm meeting and was delighted to see an old colleague of mine from my time with The Derbyshire Constabulary, Peter HOOK.     I had not seen him for many years and it was great to chat about the "good old days".  Peter even wore his Derbyshire Constabulary tie to mark the occasion.

I was met in the car park by Immediate Past President Robert McConnell who took mme inside and made the necessary introductions.    The first item of business once the meeting started was the installation of Andrew VOCE as the Club Presidents.    I was delighted to wish Andrew my best wishes for his term of office.

After the meal I spoke to  the club about Rotary and the theme for the next 12 months, "PEACE THROUGH SERVICE" and of my thoughts and ideas for the future.


Out with the old - in with the new.
President Andrew and Past President Robert relaxing

President Andrew with DG Dave

My sincere thanks go to PP Robert, President Andrew and all the members for making me feel so at home.

In the evening, after spending a restful couple of hours relaxing at the home of Rob Gray (thanks to Joan for looking after me) I spent the evening with the Rotary Club of The Vale of belvoir.   President Alan Folwell greeted me and made me feel most welcome at the club.   The proceedings started at 7.30pm and after a very nice meal I was asked to speak.  

The atmospher in this club is really friendly and there seemed to be a genuine sense of camaraderie amopng the members.   An interesting question and answer session followed my talk with strong  interest in Rotary and District matters being evident.

Exchange of gifts between DG Dave and President Alan
Great to see that District Governor Nominee is recovering well from his recent knee surgery and I wish him a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment